Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Sunday 20 January 2013

Beating the January Blues


January is renowned to be the most depressing month in the year so I took preventative measures and made a few little purchases to cheer myself up (just in case), plus I had saved a Debenhams giftcard from my birthday so that came in useful finally!

Clarins Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel 
 This was a bit of an impulse purchase and I hadn't done much research into this, as I would normally with skincare products. My skin type is quite high maintenance so I have to be really careful with what I use on it otherwise it can become really dehydrated and breakout prone. As my skin is looking very pale and dull maybe due to all the rainy, the name gave me the impression it would give my skin a bit of a glowy boost. Whilst it didn't exactly make my skin beam and appear magically radiant, it is a fantastic cleanser nonetheless. A small amount foams up nicely and it feels like it's cleansing my skin thoroughly but gently, the smell is also rather nice. If I'm honest though, I doubt I will repurchase basically because I already have a better cleanser for my skin type than this and I do tend to dabble with different face washes unless I'm completely wowed.

Available from Debenhams. Price: £11.00.

MAC Shy Girl Lipstick
Before I start raving on, this photo does not do it justice at all! I'm not sure why but it photographs sooooo dark, could be the crappy light though. This is without a doubt, one of my favourite lipsticks to date. Just a perfect everyday, peachy nude colour and as always, the cremesheen formula doesn't let me down. It glides on so smoothly and doesn't dry out the lips at all. I get serious anxiety if I'm wearing anything darker than a light pink or peachy colour so I love the fact I can literally throw this on and not feel like I'm wearing it.

Also available from Debenhams. Price: £14.00



I'm sure I'm not alone in stating that I wish I had so many more MAC lipstick shades! At £14.00 a pop though, they are not exactly purse friendly. I would love to try out some more budget and drugstore lipsticks as I haven't really tried out many at all and the ones I have tried are either really drying or I just haven't ended up liking the colour. 

As always, I'd love to hear from you so drop me a comment in the box below, thanks for visiting!

Do you have a favourite brand for lipsticks?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...