Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Friday 26 August 2011

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Review

My mum often used to palm off her unwanted Clinique samples onto me years ago when I was still in school and I never really thought much of what they had to offer to be honest probably because I was using sample products that were meant for my mums normal-dry skin rather than my oily, blemished teenage skin. Having said that, I know a lot of people credit Cliniques 3-Step regime with improving their skin and clearing it up if they've experienced breakouts so I decided to give some of their Anti-Blemish Solutions products a go as my skin is a bit of a nightmare at the moment with pregnancy hormones and what not.

Anyways, I ventured into Debenhams to have a skin consultation but unfortunately the Clinique peeps had gone home sooo my indecisive self had the hard task of selecting the correct products for my skin type...fortunately they had a really good offer on at the time, which included 3 sample sized 3-step regime products in a handy little washbag with any 2 skincare purchases, so I got to test out several products from the Anti-Blemish range without paying a hefty sum of money :-)

Left-Right: Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Bar, Anti Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam, Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion, Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturizer and Anti-Blemish Solutions Clear Blemish Gel.

Just to clarify..I haven't reviewed the cleansing bar as it's still wrapped up, ready to go in my hospital bag with my other travel sized toiletries :-)

Cleansing Foam
  I absolutely love this, it makes my skin feel squeaky clean and eliminates any traces of oil, 2 pumps is more than enough for my whole face aswell. The only negative thing I'd say is the packaging makes it a bit bloody hard to tell when your about to run out! Overall 4/5.

Clarifying Lotion  
This again is fab, although probably not great for sensitive skin types as it can sting quite a bit. It exfoliates dead skin away easily and gets rid of any remaining traces of make-up with ease, however I don't think it works wonders for getting rid of oil. Overall 3½/5.

Clearing Moisturizer  
I'm not a big fan of this to be completely honest, I don't think it's helped clear up my skin and my face seems to get oily quite quick when I have this on whether I'm wearing make-up or not. I actually came across an old sample of the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel the other day and I think this works much better for controlling oil. Overall 2/5

Clear Blemish Gel  
This is okay, I think some of my spots are slowly starting to fade and it does seem to prevent exisiting spots from getting worse but I haven't experienced a dramatic reduction in spot size. Again, it can sting so I wouldn't recommend if you have sensitive skin. Overall 3/5.


All in all, I do like these products even if my review doesn't really reflect that! Considering I only actually paid for the cleansing foam and blemish gel, I'm relatively happy with the results. For some reason I kinda like the clinical smell of the products but this might not be to everyones taste and I probably wouldn't recommend any of this stuff for sensitive skin types.


Is there anything you've tried by Clinique that you've loved or loathed?


3 comments:

  1. im in need of an acne system, im tired of proactiv. I ordered the juice beauty clear skin kit, theres many mixed reviews. If that doesnt work im going to try the whole tea tree line from the body shop, and then maybe the clinique solutions. I have hormonal breakouts too got bad when pregnant with my son 2 yrs ago, now its better but uncontrollable.

    I tried the clinique 3 step but returned it, didnt like. The only thing I love and have been using for years is the all about eyes cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have hardly used Clinuqe. I used it several years ago, but I found that it didnt help my skin at all and I started using Lush products.
    However, my friend swears by her clinique kit!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ T.E.G - I've never tried proactiv but if your considering the Body Shop range I'd definately recommend the face mask, skin clearing lotion and night time lotion. I'm with you on them hormonal breakouts too, nothing seems to be working for me at the moment :-(

    @Olivia - It's strange how it works so good for some and not for others! I've never really dabbled with Lush either, what would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...