Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Wednesday 2 April 2014

French Pharmacy Haulin'

L-R: Avene Cleanance K Cream Gel, La Roche-Posay Effalcar Mat Moisturiser, Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm, La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel and Avene Thermal Spring Water.
So I may have gone a bit skincare mad recently and with so many amazing deals floating about during the month of March, I was oh so tempted to spend a wad and fill my bathroom cabinet for the year. Luckily, Mother's Day was at the end of the month so it was the perfect excuse for me to convince the other half that I HAD to get all this stuff whilst it was on offer and he eventually gave in and let me fulfil my fancy, french skincare wishes. French pharmacy skincare is renowned for being pretty awesome, effective stuff and from my own point of view, I've been really impressed with the brands I've tried out so far. I decided to grab a few more bits from the La Roche-Posay Effaclar range as I'd already discovered the awesomeness that is Effaclar Duo. I would normally use Duo as my daily moisturiser/make-up base as I have quite oily skin and it does the trick of keeping oiliness to a minimum alongside the other benefits of fighting blemishes etc. This time around, I fancied trying something a bit thicker and more moisturising so opted for the Effaclar Mat which claims to tighten pores, slow sebum production down and in a nutshell, mattify the skin whilst thoroughly moisturising. I also picked up the accompanying cleanser, the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel as I have been in dire need of a face wash targeted towards my skin concerns. Having heard Lisa Eldridge rave about the Avene range, I obviously had to throw a couple of their beauts into my basket so I went with the Cleanance K Cream Gel which I have started using as a night treatment and the Thermal Spring Water, to refresh and set my make-up. Of course, I had to pick up the widely raved about Nuxe Rêve de Miel Honey Lip Balm, as this has been on my must-have radar for quite a while and I also mentioned this on my most recent beauty wishlist.

I will try and review all of the products mentioned here, once I have used them all consistently for a solid period of time. Everything mentioned here is available from Escentual and all of the products I bought were on promotion with up to a third off selected products, I would definitely advise trying to contain yourself and making the most of these kind's of promo's when they crop up.


What are your favourite French pharmacy goodies?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...