Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Thursday 27 March 2014

Mother's Day Alternative Gift Ideas


Just thought I'd share some more gift ideas and even though it does state that this is Mother's Day related, you can use any of these links for other gift buying occasions as they all offer a really diverse range of gifts. I often feel like I am constantly buying my parents the same type of gift year after year and this is where lovely little websites such as Etsy and Not On The High Street come into play. In a nutshell, these websites are all about providing a marketplace for small, creative businesses and essentially making it easy for us, the consumer, to browse through the plethora of wonderful and sometimes weird items...I once saw a pair of gold painted chicken feet, I'm pretty sure that's as quirky as they come. In terms of gifts, there's something for everyone on both websites but I think Not On The High Street slightly edges it for gifts specifically for Mama's Day. I've thrown together a  selection of gifts I found above but I would definitely encourage you to spare a minute and have a browse on either site if your in need of some unique gift inspiration.



I'm sure the majority of you reading will be aware of the types of website that offer daily deals and co-buying, such as Groupon, Wowcher and LivingSocial...if not, do a quick Google search to get you up to scratch. There is a lot of info about these kinds of sites so I'm not gonna bore you with the deets. Again, these sites are great for some alternative gift ideas and there is literally something for everyone. You can find anything from spa days to go-karting sessions and tangible gifts such as jewellery. There's also a really diverse range of sites for example Groupon is your typical daily deals on a variety of things, often at a significantly reduced price whereas Achica which I am also signed up to, offers a more luxurious spectrum of goods. Other good deal websites that I regularly browse are BrandAlley which mainly consists of lots of different branded goods from Yankee Candles to Louis Vuitton Bags. A good one for any parents who want to spoil little one is Zulily, literally full to the brim with cute clothing and toys for kids.

What do you think of these kind of deal websites? Do you have any favourite websites that I haven't spoke about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...