Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Thursday 13 March 2014

Mini Haulin'

Just thought I would share a little haul of goodies I've bought over the past month or so. As I've just started a new job, I'm going through a bit of a transitional period so it's a small but, in my opinion, perfectly formed haul.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum #52
I'm a big fan of the healthy mix foundations and I'd read around a bit on the serum but kept getting the impression it might not be great for my combi to oily skin. I don't want to blab on about it too much as I'd love to do a more detailed review but in a nutshell it's a nice, light feeling foundation although perhaps not suitable for oilier skin types or those who want something with good coverage over imperfections.
Maybelline The Collossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara
If you read my review of the normal i.e. non waterproof version of this mascara then you should realise how much I like this however I don't think I ever specifically needed a waterproof mascara. I suppose I wanted to see the difference and now I know...it's basically a pain in the arse to get off. I get it, it's waterproof, it's meant to be long lasting but I can't be bothered with the faff.
Bourjois Liner Pinceau Eyeliner
I've only used this a couple of times as I don't have much time to do full make-up nowadays but I absolutely love this. This was free as there was a promo on Bourjois and initially I thought it like a pen tip liner which I've always wanted to try. When I discovered it was just a normal flicky kinda brush, I thought all hope was lost but it was literally so easy to use as the brush is quite thin and precise, as the name suggests.
Carmex Lip Balm
My lips have been disgustingly dry recently, to the point where I had to start using this cream every day and that is some seeeeriously heavy duty stuff. As the dryness situation improved, I reverted to an old favourite, my good old Carmex.
Revlon Lip Butters - Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee, Juicy Papaya
These are so widely raved about so I decided to finally snap some up when I spotted a 3 for 2 in Boots. It's obvious to see why they are so loved...creamy, awesome pigmentation and soooo many colours, I want them all.
No7 Total Renewal Microdermabrasion Exfoliator
My skincare regime is pretty dire at the moment, I've been in urgent need of a good exfoliating sesh so I googled my options. This popped up a few times so I snapped it up with the help of £5 off voucher, I love those things. I've only used this twice so far but initial thoughts...my skin literally feels baby soft after using it and not too iritated. Definitely give this a whirl if you have a voucher as it works out pretty cheap for what is marketed as a more high end product.
Paperchase 2014 Diary
A bit of a random purchase and considering I'm normally super organised, I have no idea why I have only just bought a diary for the year! This was half price, I can't remember how much exactly but I think it was £6 in the sale and there was only one left! When I was going through school, college etc, Paperchase was like one of my favourite shops ever and they always have such cool diaries with so many useful bits so I was very happy to have spotted this. It has a little slot in the back for a disc and a little pencil case built in, I am so impressed...sad I know. Here's few more pictures of the internals anyways, if anyone wants to see how the weekly planner looks and all that shebang.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...