Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Monday 24 March 2014

The First Birchbox Reveal


I am a big fan of beauty boxes and previously subscribed to Glossybox. Long story short, I fell out of love with my beloved Glossybox, the selection of samples I was being sent just wasn't up to scratch anymore and I cancelled my subscription after around a year of receiving them. Whilst I don't miss my postie delivering those fancy looking pink boxes anymore, I have been longing to subscribe to another beauty box provider as there's so many more companies offering beauty boxes nowadays. I was sooo tempted to try the Latest In Beauty box, literally every product I WANT but I went for the cheaper option in the form of Birchbox, as pretty much every previous box contained goodies that I would of loved to of tried. As I ordered on the last day of February, I only received this a few weeks ago hence why I am only blogging about it now and I also received the Lulu Guinness edition shortly afterwards so I will do a quick post about that little stripy wonder very soon!


Nail Rock Nail Glitter 
So I tried this out at the weekend and I was quite excited to see how this fared, I'm a sucker for some sparkle on my nails. However, now I have tried it out it seemingly feels a bit gimmicky. Don't get me wrong, it does make your nails super glittery and it's not difficult to apply. It can get messy though and you can pretty much get the same effect with a fuss-free, highly concentrated, glitter nail polish. I remember seeing something about it being easy to remove as well...honestly, it's just as annoying as taking off any other glitter nail polish. Overall verdict, nice to try but you might as well buy a good quality glitter nail polish.
Urban Veda Daily Radiance Face Wash
I hadn't ever tried any products from this brand and with me being so desperately in need of a new face wash, I was very happy to see this included in my box. In a nutshell, it smells awesome, lathers up easily and it leaves my skin feeling beautifully clean. I suppose it does what it claims as well to an extent, as my skin does appear slightly more brighter and radiant. I don't know if I would purchase a full size at the moment though as it doesn't really target my specific skin needs but I would consider snapping this up in future if I wanted a refreshing cleanser that I know won't do any harm to my skin.
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
I was one happy lady when I saw this in my box as I have been wanting to try out a pen eyeliner forever. This would be a great addition to your make-up routine, if your not the most confident at using a liquid eyeliner as it is just so easy to apply. The slight negatives I have experienced is that it does pick up a lot of my eyeshadow and that affects how black it applies which means I have to go over it again. I'm also really worried that it will dry out if I don't use it all the time so it will be interesting to see how it fares over time.
Beauty Protector Protect + Oil
The first time I used this I honestly felt a bit, meh like what the hell did it even do! However now I have finally got to grips with it and realised how much my poor dry, split ends needed a suped up dosage of this stuff, I absolutely loooove it. Without going as far to say that it's changed my life, it has transformed my straight hair routine. As I haven't had a cut for ages and I have naturally curly hair that is blow dried often, the ends of my hair are stupidly dry and basically battered. A small amount of this smoothed through my ends before drying, makes my dry ends virtually disappear and my hair looks so much healthier. Weirdly, my hair also gets greasy really quickly when I've straightened it but this has not made my hair greasy in the slightest and it smells A-mazing.
Beautitude Joy Body Oil
It wouldn't be fair of me to review this fully now as I've only used it once but first impressions are that I'm not really too keen on it. It just felt too thick and sticky for my liking, I tend to use the thin consistency dry oil sprays so this was quite a drastic difference in terms of how it felt applying. I will give it a chance though and try it out a few more times before it gets relegated to the unloved, samples stash.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...