Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Saturday 30 July 2011

Something Oh So Special...


I'd seen a lot of bloggers reviewing this pallette and knowing how good quality Sleek palettes are along with the neutral shades this palette mainly consists of, I knew I had to have it. I've just started getting back into wearing eyeshadow more often so thought this would be perfect to ease me back in gently :-)

Top row shades L-R: Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate. Bottom row shades L-R: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up, Noir.

 I'm afraid my swatch photography skills aren't amazing yet but hopefully you can get a good idea of the colour payout. 
Swatches taken with flash.

As with previous Sleek palettes, these shadows are highly pigmented but really easy to blend and with the colours on offer here I'd say this is a great palette for someone who's just started experimenting eyes but doesn't want to try anything drastic. It's great if you just love eye shadow in general though! I love pretty much every colour although I'm not quite sure how I'd use the pink shades yet, I'm thinking of trying Ribbon as a blush as it looks like the perfect mix between peach and coral that I've been searching for.

What I used: The Mail as a base colour, Wrapped up on the eyelid and a teeny, teeny amount of Celebrate in the crease.

This is just a really subtle, natural eye I did the other day purely using colours from this palette. Celebrate is actually a lot more pigmented than it may seem on my eye as I've said I used a minuscule amount as I wasn't really wanting anything too smoky or dramatic that day.

Available from: http://www.sleekmakeup.com/
 
 Have you tried this yet, what do you think about it?

4 comments:

  1. I think your swatching skills are pretty decent! :) The palette looks like it would be endlessly useful in making a ton of looks. And I think the shades would look good on anyone. I've never heard of the brand here in Canada, I wonder if we carry it anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'm pretty sure its a UK based brand but they sell in a drugstore called Superdrug, I'm not sure if you have that in Canada? They also have a website you can order from but again I'm not sure if they ship internationally :( I'll put up some links to where it's available in the post, it would be a shame if it's not available internationally as it's such a great make-up brand for the price and quality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really want to get this!!!

    Danniella

    visit our blog if you get a chance :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment and of course I will visit your blog, please follow me :) I'm not surprised you want it either, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...