Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Monday 21 November 2011

Dermologica Skincare Review

It was my birthday a few weeks ago so I decided to treat myself (seeing as I'm getting old) and redeem a voucher I had for a choice of beauty treatments. I decided to have a facial, actually my FIRST facial ever...I'm actually embarrassed I've never had one because they are a-mazinggg and I think my skin has definitely been desperately craving one. I'm not saying I came out and my skin was perfect or anything like that because I'm suffering with pretty severe acne at the moment but a lot of the redness that seems to surround my already unsightly spots had vanished. Long story short, I asked what products had been used and was given a few sachet samples targeted at oily and acne prone skin by Dermalogica. Here's what I was given and have tested out in the meantime...
Sorry I've used stock photos but I didn't think photos of little sachets ripped open would look aesthetically pleasing...I know I'm a geek! This is more of a collective review because the samples I was given were literally minuscule amounts. Now I'm pretty sure a lot of you will of heard of Dermalogica and you may also be aware that their products are pretty expensive BUT....having tried out the products above, I think the quality and effectiveness definitely justifies the price. After using the dermal clay cleanser, daily microfoliant and sebum clearing masque, my skin feels super soft to touch and as I mentioned earlier, redness is significantly reduced. The oil control lotion is equally as good, it kept oil at bay for longer than anything else I've tried in the past and I literally must of tried the majority of oil control lotions available.


Overall I was really impressed and I'm definitely a dermalogica convert! If you can't justify paying so much however but still feel an urge to buy something from the range I would highly recommend trying out the daily microfoliant which is without doubt THE best exfoliator I've ever used, it's surprisingly gentle on the skin as well. It comes in a powder form so you have to wet your hands then sprinkle about a teaspoon sized amount into your hands, rub together then massage in circles all over your face.


Prices range from around £20-30 but I've also just found out you can buy skin specific travel kits that contain small sizes of a selection of products for around £20 which is great if you want to road test everything before splurging a load of money on something you don't know will work for you. I've seen these kits on a few different websites such as Amazon and approved stockists websites. Here's a few examples of what they look like and contain...







I'm hoping someone will fancy buying me one of these for Christmas...that's if I can control myself until then :-)

Have any of you tried Dermalogica, if so what do you make of their products?

1 comment:

  1. First comment. Obviously you know that I LOVE Dermalogica products and theres a website

    www.beautyflash.com or www.beautyflashshop.com

    Can't remember which takes you straight to the dermalogica products but it does have discount and I have ordered from it so its legit. Its a website set up by a salon in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...