Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Clinique Haul/Review + Freebies :-)


Hey dolls, hope your all doing good? Just thought I'd share a quick review of some more Clinique products I purchased a few weeks ago as I think I've had more than enough time now to try and test etc! After trying a sample of the anti-blemish clarifying lotion I was pretty keen on trying out the formula for oilier skin as it hadn't really done much for me in that department, I also ordered the dramatically different moisturizing gel as I'd rediscovered a sample I had from years ago which I ended up finishing and loving finally!


Clarifying Lotion 4

I've been using this for a few weeks now and I have to say I'm not overly impressed by it taking into consideration the price of it. I use it after cleansing with a facial wash and whilst it does make my skin feel clean and smooth, I don't think it "sweeps away oil" as Clinique claim it does. 
 










As you can hopefully see...there isn't a huge difference in the amount of oil before and after using which is really disappointing considering this lotion is supposedly for very oily skin types. At £15.00 for a 200ml bottle, I think there are definitely better alternatives available for much less.

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

As I'd mentioned earlier, I had a sample of this with about half left over and I have to admit that it had just been chucked into the bottom of a drawer and forgotten about for years. Anyways in an attempt to get rid of my hoards of samples, I used the rest of this up and discovered that it was actually a really good product. 

I thought this would clog up my skin and make it feel oily and horrible like most "oil-free" moisturisers tend to do but I was pleasantly surprised. As it's a gel based formula it feels really lightweight but moisturises just enough. 

 




Considering I normally pay around £6 for a moisturiser, this is way expensive at £28.50 for the 125ml size but I honestly think its kind of worth it and I'm the biggest cheapskate ever just for the record! A little definitely goes a long way and I think I may of even used a bit too much when I took the picture on the right. 










Freebies!!! 

If you've bought Clinique before you may be aware that they are quite generous with giving out free samples and when I ordered there was a bank holiday promo to receive 3 sample sized treats plus 2 extra samples with online orders...PLUS they also threw in an extra sachet sample.
 

  I have to admit, I haven't actually tested out all the samples they sent as I haven't quite found a use for everything yet for example the Repairwear Laser Focus serum. From what they sent I've started using the All About Eyes Cream which I love :-) and the mini lipgloss which is surprisingly lovely - not too sticky and a really wearable colour considering it looks quite a deep shade of pink in the tube. I've also tried the High Impact Mascara which is anything but IMO...nothing comes close to Maybelline Colossal for me at the moment! 

All products reviewed available from:  http://www.clinique.co.uk/
 
I think this will be my last haul for a short while as I am now only 2 weeks away from meeting my precious bubba and spending £50+ on skincare just isn't going to be an option from now on, not when I have nappies etc to buy!! So what have you lovelies been hauling recently and are you constantly searching for holygrail skincare products like me?!?

 

2 comments:

  1. Here in Canada, a 125mL bottle of DDMG costs $31CDN, while there its £28.50 you say...that's like $44CDN! Wow. I had no idea it was so much more expensive. I'm glad overall you were fairly pleased with your haul. I hope everything works great for you (being a Clinique consultant myself :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it doesn't exactly leave me with spare change! Seeing as you work for Clinique yourself, you will have to share your recommendations with me :) I'm literally running out of ideas on how to tackle my skin concerns x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...