Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Easy Peasy Fruity Frenchies

I'm not a big nail art person but with so much time on my hands at the moment I've quickly become obsessed with googling all sorts of nail art designs, anyways I thought I'd have a dabble myself and share my first attempt with you :-) 

 I've seen tons of gorgeous designs using these fimo fruit pieces but as I've literally never experimented with nail art I decided to take rather small babysteps and start off with something quite basic and easy to acheive. It's not exactly a work of art what I created but I was relatively pleased considering my inexperience! If you want to know how I did this, read on :-)

Step-by-Step

1. Make sure nails are clean and filed to your desired shape, you could use nail tips if your nails are quite short or you wanted something more dramatic.
2. Paint your nails with a clear base coat.
3.Once the base coat has dried, paint the tips (white bits) of your nails with a bright, fruity colour e.g. oranges, corals and yellows would work well.
4. Once the tips have dried, put a few blobs of nail glue on the corner tip of the nail and a few blobs down the side to create almost triangular section of glue (you only want this to take up a small section of the nail..say less than a ¼ of the entire nail).
5.Using a pair of tweezers, stick on the fruit slices and hold in place for a few seconds until they feel secure.

That's it :-) You should now have a fabulously fruity french manicure! 

Here's what I used:


1. Maybelline Salon Manicure Calcium Strengthener 
Available from most drugstores but I purchased two for 99p + 80p Postage from this eBay seller - Lippy Lounge

2. ELF Nail Polish in Mango Madness 
Available from: ELF Cosmetics 

3. Elegant Touch Brush On Nail Glue 
Available from: http://www.boots.com

4. Old Pair of Eyebrow Tweezers

5. Fimo Fruit Slices 
Available from various eBay sellers for under £2.00

In hindsight, I think I would either paint the whole nail one colour or use false tips as the effect is a teeny bit lost on the length of my nails...suppose that's the nature of
learning though! 

Hope you've enjoyed this anyways :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...