Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Thursday 1 September 2011

MAC Lipstick Cherry Popped!!

Just thought I would do a quick review of these MAC Cremesheen lipsticks I purchased a few weeks ago. If you've read my blog before you may be aware that I have only just started to dabble with lipstick hence why these are in fact my first ever MAC lipsticks :-) After googling tons of lipstick swatches, I plumped for a blueish pink shade called Creme Cup and a rosier, yellow toned pink called Fanfare.


Left-Right: Creme Cup and Fanfare.
L-R: Creme Cup and Fanfare swatches in daylight
L-R: Creme Cup and Fanfare swatches with flash.
 
As you've probably gathered from the swatches and the name of the finish these are really creamy textured and leave a nice sheen on the lips which is great for people who are stuck on lipglosses like me.

Creme Cup in daylight.
Creme Cup with flash.

I love this shade purely because I'd been looking for a subtle blue toned pink but everything I'd tried seemed to be overly blue toned which doesn't look great against my skin tone. It's really buildable aswell so you can wear it as bold or subtle as you want.


Fanfare in daylight.
Fanfare with flash.
 
One application of this is fairly close to my natural lip colour but again, it is very buildable. I do like this colour but I haven't quite got used to wearing it in the daytime yet...I just feel like my lips are standing out too much which I guess is to be expected when I normally only wear lipbalm or gloss!

Hope you've enjoyed this post, feel free to comment :-) I'd love to know what everyones favourite MAC lipstick or other branded lipstick is seeing as I'm such a lippie virgin!



2 comments:

  1. Love both shades! I've been considering buying Creme Cup for a while but haven't made the move yet. Fanfare looks especially terrific on you, such a flattering shade! One thing I try to do to get used to a certain 'look' is wear it around the house for a while. After a bit it doesn't seem so shocking :) They're really great on you, so I hope you get some use out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank u hun!! I might have to try that tip because I do really love them deep down, I'm just really stuck in my lipgloss ways!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...