Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Friday 3 February 2012

Valentine's Glossybox: A Mixed Bag?

After being pretty flippin impressed with December's Christmas Glossybox, I had high hopes for the next one although in the back of my mind I wasn't expecting it to be quite as good. However, upon opening my box I was quite impressed. For once, I'd actually heard of all the brands included and there were some products that I was genuinely excited to test out. From looking around at other bloggers boxes and seeing the variation in products, it seems that Glossybox are have finally tried to tailor the boxes more to the individual receiving it.


What's in the box from Top Left: Eyeko, FAB Body Moisturizer,
Whilst I'd loved to of tried the Orly nail polish that some people received,overall I was pretty happy with what was included. Murad is a brand I've been wanting to try for a long time purely because of the rave reviews for their acne skincare range so I was intrigued to see a primer product by them.





Swatches taken in natural daylight.

I don't think it would be fair for me to review the primer as I haven't actually used it on my face yet...and if I'm honest I don't know if I will as I tend to aim for a matte finish and this primer apparently gives a dewy finish which is a obvious no go for oily skinned girls like myself.

Swatch taken in natural daylight.
 I received the plum shade which I was quite happy about as I tend to just stick to safe black and this isn't too extreme a colour from black and completely wearable. I was really pleased to see a make-up product included but I think Glossybox should be including cosmetics a lot more than they have been! I do like testing out skincare products but when it comes to skincare, I like to stick with products I know work for me and more often than not, Glossybox include skincare products that aren't tailored to my skin.

As for the skincare products, admittedly I haven't tried any of them out yet but I'm definitely going to be giving the FAB Moisturizer a whirl over the next few days as the cold snap has dried out my skin to death. I've also started to notice scary signs of ageing (hello sagging cheeks!) so the Clarins may have to be slipped into my skincare routine as well! 

I'm really tempted to try out a different beauty box but there's quite a few knocking about now, preferably I wanna try something that has a few more make-up or nail product inclusions...if you think you know which box is best for this, feel free to comment and let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...