Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Polyvore: Online Digital Moodboards

Hi everyone, hope your all feeling okay! Sorry it's been a bit slow around here recently, been so busy this week as it was my lovely boyfriend's 21st birthday! Today I wanted to share with you something that I've recently become rather obsessed with and that obsession in particular is online, digital moodboards. If you don't happen to know what moodboards are they are a collage of photos, sketches, fabric samples, swatches, text (basically anything you've been inspired by) and are predominantly used amongst the design industry for instance many fashion brands create moodboards for seasonal ranges to show how the range has been inspired or how a concept has come about. 

Source.

Source.

Source.
 Anyways, long story short I discovered an amazing website called Polyvore that enables you to create digital moodboards with the least amount of effort possible as all the images are readily available for you to choose from! The website also works similarly to many of the social networking sites such as Twitter in the sense that you can follow people who's style you like.January Style

The moodboard above is something I threw together last night whilst I was getting babba off to sleep. It's a bit of a mixture of the kind of style I've been rocking this week and accessories that I'd love to own plus a few random graphics thrown in for good measure :-) Some of the people featured on Polyvore's homepage seriously put my moodboard to shame, the boards they've created are bloody brilliant. Another, really handy thing about Polyvore is that it provides links to where you can purchase items from...although I highly doubt I will even utilise this as I discovered I have rather expensive taste according to Polyvore!

I love looking at other people's styling ideas so if your on Polyvore already, feel free to post your link in the comments box. My link is in the sidebar if you'd like to follow ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...