Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Nappy Creams Tried & Tested

When it comes to nappy rash, my little one has been fairly lucky so far with only one moderately bad bout of it so I've mostly used nappy creams as more of a preventative measure before bedtime and every other nappy change. When she did have it however, I was obviously keen to get rid of it asap. I've pretty much used up most of the samples I got in my bounty packs so I thought it may be helpful to review the brands I've tried for those of you that have a poor little one suffering!

Johnson's Baby Nappy Cream
I'm a big fan of the whole Johnson's baby skincare range but this for me was a bit of a disappointment in comparison to the other nappy creams I've tried. The texture is quite thin and runny so it doesn't really adhere to the skin which is important when you have an active baby.

£2.00 Available from Asda

Sudocrem Baby Skin Care Cream
Sudocrem is a hugely popular nappy rash cream and I cannot fault it really. A little definitely goes a long way with this so it lasts forever!I've got a full size tub of this also but I still have loads left in my little sample tubs. I slather this on Elyse at night and it looks as if I've just applied it when I change her in the morning. Nice, thick consistency and it helps to heal really quick. Sudocrem is also multi-purpose as it can be used for dry skin and spots which makes it a bit of cupboard staple product for me!

£2.00 Available from Asda

 
Burt's Bees Nappy Ointment 
I cannot stress how much I love this hence why I thought I'd save the best till last! As you can hopefully see from my swatches above, this spreads on really thickly and it adheres to the skin brilliantly. It has a strange scent to it, can't quite decide whether I like it or not but who cares when it's only going on to what will probably soon to be a smelly bottom! I also love the fact that this contains lots of natural ingredients, I don't think Elyse is particularly sensitive to anything but I'd rather not slather her in products with ingredients that I can't even pronounce! I know this is the most expensive of the three but I would still recommend this time and time again because of how effective it is at clearing nappy rash and how well it adheres to the skin.

 £4.99 Available from CheapSmells.com

I really hope this post was helpful, have you found any nappy creams to work better than others? Please feel free to comment if you have any other recommendations or if there's anything else you'd like to add!
Much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...