Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Friday 6 January 2012

NOTD: Avon Sequinned Turquoise

I didn't actually go out for New Years Eve but despite staying in I kinda pretended I was going out and got all done up (sad I know!!) which obviously meant I had to do something with my naked nails. I really wanted to find a use for the Avon nail polish I was bought for Christmas and thought it would be a perfect glittery colour for NYE celebrations. However when I swatched two coats on my nail wheel I didn't think the colour really suited me so I came up with the idea of layering it over a black glitter polish by W7 that I'd kinda impulse purchased when I was doing a bit of Crimbo shopping in B&M's.

And this is how it looked, I'm gonna apologise now for how untidy my nails are, I was literally only having a little experiment and didn't expect to like it so much! I'm not a big fan of blue or green nails as I really don't think either of the two colours do anything to compliment my skin tone however I really like this teal sort of shade. I know that the colour on my nails is almost identical to the colour you see in the bottle but for some reason my camera has made the bottle seem a lot darker than it actually is :S
Products used from left-right: W7 Cosmic Black, Avon Nailwear Pro in Sequinned Turquoise and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
 As you can hopefully see in the above picture, the Avon polish is more of a turquoise colour. I used one coat of the W7 polish, then painted one coat of the turquoise over the top and finished with the Seche Vite Top Coat for a glossy finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...