Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Vichy Normaderm Review


I've been using the Vichy Normaderm Purifying Cleansing Gel, Purifying Astringent Toner and Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care for a few weeks now having taken advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 skincare offer and seeing good reviews in terms of helping improve acne. Whilst my skin hasn't got any worse from using these products as a 3-step cleanse, tone and moisturise regime, it hasn't got any better either.


Out of the three products the cleansing gel is the only one I MIGHT consider purchasing again...I stress might because of the price and owning cheaper alternatives that do the same job. You only need one pump to clean the whole of the face and the smell is quite nice but I think there are lots of cheaper alternatives that do the same job, if not a better job in terms of eliminating shine and cleansing pores.



The toner claims to unclog, tighten pores and give a matte finish to the skin, however I don't feel like it lived up to any of these claims! I felt like it left quite a sticky residue on my skin and I think my skin actually looks less shiny before using this.



I had high hopes for this product after reading several rave reviews about how it dried up spots and helped clear up acne etc. Vichy claim that the cream smoothes skin texture, purifies the skin and reduces the appearance of pores whilst giving a matte finish and continuous hydration for 24 hours. Again, I was bitterly disappointed, I was expecting this to at least help with my oiliness as I'd seen a few people on MUA claiming it dried up their skin too much but it actually made my oiliness even worse! On the other hand, the texture and smell is nice but I'm afraid this is not enough for me to repurchase.

Before and After Using Vichy Normaderm Products to Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise

Apologies for the extreme close up of my greasy skin but I thought it might be helpful for any of you likewise oily skinned people to see how these products actually perform.


1. This is my skin after removing make-up with a cleansing wipe so yeah still very oily as you can see :(
2. After using the cleansing gel you can visibly see that the skin has been cleansed well and oiliness is reduced.
3. After using the toner I think there is a slight difference in pore appearance nothing significant though.
4. After using the hydrating cream I think my skin looks more oily and pore appearance is consequently worse.

I'm sure these products may work for some people but I would not recommend using these as a 3 step skincare regime to someone with very oily skin especially considering the combined price of all three products normally would be around £30 and you can purchase much cheaper and more effective alternatives by brands such as Neutrogena. I hope this post was helpful to anyone considering purchasing any of the Normaderm products and I would love to hear your suggestions for any products that have helped you with oil or acne, so feel free to comment :)


4 comments:

  1. Interesting post! I have considered picking up the lotion on a couple of occasions, but after reading a few bad reviews I changed my mind. And here is yet another! I'm sorry that you, too, were disappointed. I enjoy that you showed shots of your skin after each step, it's great documentation of the effectiveness (or non-effectiveness) of the products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments :) and yep sadly the lotion was a complete waste of money, I'd had such high hopes after seeing someone with supposedly oily skin raving about it drying up their skin as well...obviously not on the level of oiliness that mine is at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toner is great. I love it and bought a second bottle. After trying to switch to a cheaper brand, my skin wasn't having it. Lotion was eh..smelled kinda strange. Didn't seem to work- had really high expectations. LOVE LOVE LOVE the toner tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pore tightening toner is great ...I actually tried switching to another brand and my skin wasn't having it and dried out right away. I bought a second bottle, and love it! The lotion, I'm not really a fan of. It smells kinda potent and didn't seem to work for me. Spend the extra money on the toner! It's great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...