Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Thursday 29 December 2011

Christmas Glossybox

I was really looking forward to receiving the December edition of the Glossybox after seeing a few sneak previews via a few lucky bloggers who are sent the Glossybox a week early. To be honest though, I was really considering cancelling my subscription after being a bit disappointed with the last few offerings...thankfully the contents of my December box suited me to a tee and made up for the last few months slightly disappointing boxes.
As ever everything arrived beautifully packaged I thought it was a nice touch for the Christmas box to be red.
Above photo is what I received in a nutshell and because I was so impressed I've gone into a more detail below.
Rituals Foaming Shower Gel

"This unique foaming shower gel gently cleanses your skin and leaves it silky soft & smooth."
 
 I love receiving a full size product especially when its something I'm likely to get a lot of use out of so this was a perfect addition to my box. It smells lovely and obviously foams up really well without the need of a shower puff.

  Bionova Eye Wrinkle Treatment

 "This product is utilizing the technology based on Life Science Nanotechnology by treating the skin with the same ingredients in the same quantities and ratio naturally produced by a Human Body. The customization factor takes into consideration the body area, gender and age. The hyper-natural ingredients help the skin to self-restore and self-heal bringing the Beauty from Within."

 All sounds very impressive but this is another product that will no doubt be getting passed onto the mother. I appreciated trying this considering the price (£14.00 for this tiny sample jar!!) but unfortunately I couldn't tell you whether the product merits the price as I don't own any wrinkles yet...touch wood :-)

Cargo Lip Gloss

 "Perfect pay off, great wear and high-shine without being sticky, this gloss is packed with a lip-nourishing botanical cocktail. The next generation of our non-tacky and comfortable gloss."


It was nice to see a lot more make-up products being included in this months box so needless to say I enjoyed trying the lip gloss out. This turned out to be a very neutral shade on my lips but I did like the formula which wasn't sticky at all.

Deborah Lippman Razzle Dazzle Mini Nail Varnish

 "Razzle Dazzle is a dark raspberry sizzle glitter, long wearing, high quality nail polish from the Deborah Lippmann Collection perfect for the upcoming Festive season."

This is a brand I have heard about so I was really happy when I opened my box and seen this especially with it being Christmas and me having a complete lack of glitter nail polishes. Whilst I did love the colour and glitter payout of the varnish, I found the formula to be a bit gloopy and 3 coats were needed for it to look perfect. Having said that I do still love this polish and I'll be sure to post a NOTD featuring it some time soon. The varnish remover mitts were a nice but pointless inclusion in my opinion as they didn't do much at all to remove the polish, this may of been because I'd applied 3 coats but one coat would never of been enough for the varnish to look even on the nails.


Blink+Go Eyeshadow and Blush Palette 

"This radiant colour palette contains six wearable soft-metallic shades (brown, bronze, khaki, grey, silver grey and cream highlighter). These earth-inspired shades suit all skin tones and enhance your natural beauty. It also includes a coral and pink blush to define the cheeks and cheekbones perfectly."


I was really looking forward to trying this out as I was still yet to be sent a make-up product and this is a brand I've never heard of. The eyeshadow colours were perfect for me as I tend to stick with neutrals.

L-R: Cream Highlighter, Silver Grey, Grey, Khaki, Bronze and Brown. Eyeshadow swatches taken in natural daylight.
Eyeshadow swatches taken with flash.

The finish of the eyeshadows is really nice and shimmery and hopefully you can see how well pigmented MOST of the colours are from my swatches...I was slightly disappointed with the pigmentation of the olive green shade. When I swatched it on my arm it seemed to appear like more of a dark taupe colour and when I applied it on my eyes I could barely see the colour.
L-R: Coral One Layer, Coral Two Layers, Pink One Layer and Pink Two Layers. Blush swatches taken with flash.
Blush swatches taken in natural daylight.
I was slightly scared of the two blush colours at first, if I'm honest the colours looked like the sort of shades you would get in one of them huge, cheap palettes. However I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the coral shade against my skin tone although I have to admit in my swatches the colours don't look much different to one another.


If you subscribe to any sort of beauty boxes, let me know your thoughts on the whole concept?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...