Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Monday 5 December 2011

Bundle Monster Nail Art Stamping Plates

Hey everyone, hope your all having a good week so far?

When I came back from my baby honeymoon a few weeks ago, I think I may of mentioned that I was going to do a post on the Bundle Monster Nail Art Stamping Plates aka Fauxnads (Budget version of the Konad plates for those not in the know) so here it is! In a nutshell you get 25 stamping plates for £16.99 in comparison to one Konad plate costing around £5 so the attraction is pretty obvious if your a bit of a nail art junkie like me :-)


This image taken from Amazon illustrates the huuuumungous variety of plates that you get.



The images above were taken after one of my first little experiments with one of the Monster plates designs and if I do say so myself, I think there half decent....not bad but not Uhh-mazing. As you can see there are little parts where the stamp hasn't transferred onto my nail i.e. part of the stamp has stuck to the stamper although that may have been because I wasn't quick enough. I also noticed that the actual designs don't transfer onto the nail as sharp and crisp as Konad designs, if that makes sense. You see how the edges of the leaves look a tad fuzzy like I had a shaky hand when I was doing my nails?

If you have used Konad plates before you may of also noticed that these fauxnads have more designs crammed onto the plate which originally I thought was great because I'd have more designs to play with but in hindsight became a bit of a nuisance because you haven't got much space when scraping away excess polish and picking up the stamp with your stamper.

L-R: Stargazer Chrome Silver and Models Own Grey Day

I had read in a few places that it's not exactly essential that you own special Konad stamping nail polish to do nail art stamping and whilst I agree with this to some extent, I think it's a bit hit & miss with certain nail polishes. I found a great link here that details all suitable nail polishes for stamping, I would definitely recommend testing out your own as well though....it can be fun just to experiment sometimes and if it works that's great and if not, you've only wasted a minuuute amount of nail polish!


Although I think there are a few cons with these plates, all in all I think they are a worthwhile spend if you enjoy trying out new nail designs and having a little play around with nail art.


Where to buy: Amazon.co.uk


What do you think of fauxnads in comparison to the real deal?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...