Social Media

Follow me on Tumblr' Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram Subscribe to RSS

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Nail Rock Nail Wraps

I was quite happy when the November Glossybox included a full size packet of the Nail Rock Nail Wraps as I'd never actually tried applying wraps before. Despite my initial happiness at the wraps being included in the box I kind of forgot about them and they've been in the box up until the other day when I thought I'd have a bash at putting them on.


The design I was sent was the leopard print and as much as I love leopard print, I was a bit disappointed with the design I got and think I would of preferred a packet of the less fussy, monochrome striped wraps that other people received. That being said I think there a nice change and look kinda funky....

Nail wraps photo taken without flash.
Hoooowever as you can probably see in the photos, they are literally peeling off after less than a day of me having them on which is pretty crap considering Nail Rock claim these last up to 10 days! On the other hand, I'm pretty sure my technique of putting them was far from perfect which could of led to them not sticking properly in the first place. 

Nail wraps photo taken with flash (Sorry about the abundance of shadows!).

Unlike a lot of nail wraps, these don't require heat but I found that at the tips of my nails they wouldn't stick down especially around the edges where the nails naturally curve. Also, the instructions suggest filing under the nail to get rid of the excess bit of wrap....erm how is this supposed to work?! Sorry if I'm being completely stupid and if someone actually understands how to do this successfully please enlighten me!! I resorted to filing downwards at a 45° angle and I think this is exactly why they haven't lasted but I honestly don't know how I would of got rid of all of the excess wrap by filing under my nail. 

On that note, if you genuinely know how to apply these properly please feel free to comment as I would love to know the best technique to make these last. I think I would be tempted to actually purchase some in a different design if only they lasted a bit longer! 


What do you think of the whole nail wrap craze? Do you think it's a bit of a fad?

 

1 comment:

  1. these look so cool!! i love them but they are so niffy to put on!! : (

    Danniella
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...